ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stepan Pilschikov <pilshchikov....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Python examples are missing in Ignite 2.7
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:50:22 GMT
Denis, Dmitry

Found that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9922
Release process just do not copy this folder
And this directory do not copy because of Dmitry concerns described earlier

Agreed with Denis that examples folder should be in release build because
of:
- they really help to understand how client work
- they understandable enough even without documentation
- actually they contain link on examples documentation on readthedocs.io
- others clients have common structure (examples, lib, README.md, artifacts
to install package) but python client have not

Dmitry talk about PyPI package which is should not contain any redundant
files and i agreed with him
But Denis talk only about apache-ignite release build binaries

Also found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10683
Don't know how new folder is affected on release procedure of PyPi package
because ignite do not have fully automated pypi package release process, i
told only about release binaries

I've open new ticket to add examples in release build:

Dmitry, if you have any objections or improvements for this process you can
described theys in ticket