ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Павлухин Иван <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration to JUnit 5
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 15:44:57 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your efforts!

I checked a section "Motivation" in IEP and I think that we should add
more details there. You provided mostly examples of more convenient
assertions. But there are other options to deal with it. E.g. AssertJ
library [1] (I think that we can consider it even after migration to
junit5). It would be great if we can describe some junit5 features
which can make our life simpler and there is no alternative in junit4.
E.g. we have the similar Parameterized concept in junit4, so it does
not look as a big win here.

Also, an impact on everyday development should be estimated. As I
know, junit5 has a compatibility layer which allows to migrate from
junit4 seamlessly. But as I understood you would like to use new
junit5 features. And we have well-known GridAbstractTest which
historically was bound to junit3, now is bound to junit4. Should we
change it significantly for junit5? Should we change other existing
tests? Suites?

Could you please address my concerns?

Let's discuss pros and cons. I will be happy to help there.

[1] http://joel-costigliola.github.io/assertj/

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin