ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Павлухин Иван <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Running single test multiple times on TeamCity
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 06:37:37 GMT
Hi,

During a couple of last weeks I was fixing several flaky tests.
Sometimes it was quite hard to reproduce a test locally. So, one
option was running a particular test on TC several times in a row. To
setup such run I did code modifications in several places.

I thought about how to simplify the thing. And I came up with some
sort of solution which I would like to share. Basically it is custom
junit runner DebugSuite and a configuration annotation
DebugSuite.Config which allows to choose a method to run and number of
executions. You can see a draft in PR [1].

As always there are several options to solve a problem. One
alternative way is creating something similar to parameterized build
job Jenkins employs [2] (I have not checked for TC analog yet) and
using maven features to run single test repeatedly (have not checked
as well). But all in all we need to answer following questions:
1. Do we need such tool? (Or perhaps we already have something and
there is no need to reinvent the wheel.)
2. What is the best way for us to implement the tool?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/6076
[2] https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Parameterized+Build

--
Best regards,