ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Consistent ID specification from previous random UUID
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 14:43:00 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Yes, you catch me, I'm a little bit cheating with lazy consensus on code
modification without providing a PR because I was expecting that nobody
comes to discussion. I will prepare PR shortly. And since we anyway have a
discussion, I will not apply anything by lazy approval.

- storageNodeIndex without consistent ID will not work.
 cfg.getDataStorageConfiguration().setNodeIdx() will be required only for
case we have consistent ID.

Hi Stanislav,

We can't use only consistent ID because

1) we need an order to scan and lock random-UUID based folders.  Node index
provides the order of scan. I can find the corresponding discussion, but I
guess it is not needed.
2) we need to separate backward compatible folders from new random-UUID
based folders. Using UUID as folder will not allow us to scan only new name
format folders.

I guess specifying node index is a quite rare case and good JavaDoc will
always help.

DataStorageConfiguration().setNodeIdx()  JavaDoc may include following
notes:
Node index used for persistent store folders in case several nodes reuse
one persistent store root folder.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov