ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislav Kozlovski <Stanislav_Kozlov...@outlook.com>
Subject Flaky tests
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 16:29:22 GMT
Hey there Ignite community,

I contribute to a fellow open-source project - Apache Kafka - and there we have been fighting
flaky tests a lot. We run Java 8 and Java 11 builds on every Pull Request and due to test
flakiness, almost all of them turn out red with 1 or 2 tests (completely unrelated to the
change in the PR) failing. This has resulted in committers either ignoring them and merging
the changes or in the worst case rerunning the hour-long build until it becomes green.
This test flakiness has also slowed down our releases significantly.

In general, I was just curious to understand if this is a problem that your project faces
as well. Does your project have a lot of intermittently failing tests, do you have any active
process of addressing such tests (during the initial review, after realizing it is flaky,
etc). Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Stanislav

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>