ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Юрий <jury.gerzhedow...@gmail.com>
Subject SQL views for IO statistics
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:57:00 GMT
Hi Igniters!

As part of IEP-27
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-27%3A+Page+IO+statistics>
we
already gathering IO statistics and expose it through JMX.

User  who use only SQL should have access to the statistics also. So let's
discuss about how such SQL view should looks.

My proposal it is two SQL views:
1) STATIO_CACHE_GRP

cache_grp_name         - Name of cache group
physical_read               - Number of physical read of pages
logical_read                  - Number of logical read of pages

     The view can be filtered by name, like SELECT * from
IGNITE.STATIO_CACHE_GRP where cache_grp_name='cache1'
2) STATIO_IDX

cache_grp_name         - Name of cache group

idx_name                     - Name of index
physical_read               - Common number of physical reads of pages for
the index
logical_read                  - Common number of logical reads of pages for
the index

leaf_logical_read          - Number of logical reads of index leaf pages

leaf_physical_read       - Number of physical reads of index leaf pages

inner_logical_read        - Number of logical reads of index inner pages

inner_physical_read     - Number of physical reads of index leaf pages

     The view can be filtered by cache group name or by index name, like
SELECT * from IGNITE.STATIO_IDX where idx_name='cache1_name_idx'

We also have time of start gathering statistics, but I'm not sure that it
should be exposed here.

WDYT about proposed format for the SQL views?

--
Живи с улыбкой! :D