ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Kondakov <kondako...@mail.ru.INVALID>
Subject Re: Page eviction for in-memory mode with enabled MVCC
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:36:26 GMT
Hi Ilya!

Touching entries seem to me not a possible solution here. During what
the period entry should be considered as recent? I think until all
transactions which have touched the given entry are terminated. If all
transactions which have read the particular entry are terminated - it
can be safely removed. In this case we should track all such
transactions somewhere. This tracking looks quite complicated and has
some overheads. It reminds behavior of read lock which is out of scope
of MVCC architecture - we use snapshots instead of shared read locks.

Thank you!

--
Kind Regards
Roman Kondakov