ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Mashenkov <andrey.mashen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite TeamCity Bot - muted tests
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:08:56 GMT
Dmitry,

As far as I understand, @IgniteIgnore and fail("") works in similar way and
requires test to be muted on TC manually.
And we have to unmute these tests on TC right after fix will be merged to
master, isn't it?

@Ignore and Assume.that works different way comparing to previous two.
Junit just exclude such tests from run.
So, there is no need to mute\unmute them on TC at all, but...
Does TC treat such tests as muted ones and we can see them on "muted tests"
page?
This may be useful to track tests state if someone forget to remove @ignore
while fixing related ticket.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM Anton Vinogradov <av@apache.org> wrote:

> >>  In this case, we will not need TeamCity mutes anymore.
> Sounds great!
>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 5:23 PM Dmitrii Ryabov <somefireone@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dmitriy,
> >
> > with ignore annotations we will need to check forgotten tests
> > manually. Thats bad, but we will save some machine time in common
> > runs.
> > пн, 17 дек. 2018 г. в 17:06, Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org>:
> > >
> > > Investigation parameters: Can leave as empty
> > > Unmute: Manual (don't use auto because of flaky tests)
> > > Text: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-NNNNN
> > >
> > > But anyway, I hope in the nearest future best way to mute test will be
> > > ignore it using:
> > > @IgniteIgnore
> > > or @Ignore
> > > or Assume.that()
> > >
> > > In this case, we will not need TeamCity mutes anymore.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure which way of ignoring will be best.

> somefireone@gmail.com>

> > mutes.

> dpavlov@apache.org

> the