ignite-dev mailing list archives

From David Harvey <syssoft...@gmail.com>
Subject S3 discovery and docker bridge networks
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:49:22 GMT
The general problem is a when a node pushes its IP addresses to S3, it has
no way to tell whether one of its IP address will be usable by other
nodes.   On the consumer side, we are unable to determine at runtime which
of the addresses will work.   So we end up doing discovery using worthless
IP addresses, and then need to suffer timeouts to sort this out, slowing
down startup.

Our fix is to allow configuration of a set of exclusion patterns (regex) on
TCPCommunicationSpi, so we could exclude "192.168.*" for example.

https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10791