ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vyacheslav Daradur <daradu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Service grid redesign
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:52:21 GMT
I think I found names which should satisfy me and Denis, and possibly Nikolay )

See the following names (Actual name <- Previously used):

- ServiceDeploymentManager <- ServicesDeploymentManager
- ServiceDeploymentActions <- ServicesDeploymentActions
- ServiceDeploymentProcessId <- ServicesDeploymentProcessId
- ServiceDeploymentTask <- ServicesDeploymentTask

- ServiceDeploymentRequest <- ServiceDeploymentChange
- ServiceUndeploymentRequest <- ServiceUndeploymentChange
- ServiceChangeAbstractRequest <- ServiceAbstractChange

- ServiceSingleNodeDeploymentResult <- ServiceSingleDeploymentsResults
- ServiceSingleNodeDeploymentResultBatch <- ServicesSingleDeploymentsMessage

- ServiceClusterDeploymentResult <- ServiceFullDeploymentsResults
- ServiceClusterDeploymentResultBatch <- ServicesFullDeploymentsMessage

- ServiceProcessorCommonDiscoveryData <- ServicesCommonDiscoveryData
- ServiceProcessorJoinNodeDiscoveryData <- ServicesJoinNodeDiscoveryData

Also, I had a short talk with Alexey Goncharuk about the problem of
nullified custom messages. I changed the implementation to a lock-free
solution which allows us to nullify messages depend on an using
counter.

In comparison with high priority listener, this allows us to not copy
custom discovery event in service deployment manager and work with the
original object.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 8:57 AM Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org> wrote:

> Denis, great news!
>
> Alexey, Vova, Yakov, do you want to take a look at this PR?
>

> В Ср, 19/12/2018 в 18:47 +0300, Denis Mekhanikov пишет:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I finished my code review. The pool request looks good to me.
> >
> > Does anybody else want to look at the changes?
> > There are a few points, that we didn't meet an agreement on,
> > though they don't affect the behaviour in any way:
> >
> >    - *Class naming. * See the discussion above.
> >    - *Unnecessary task object cleaning. *
> >    IMO, ServicesDeploymentTask#clear() method doesn't do anything useful,
> >    and it should be removed.
> >    By the moment, when this method is called, the task object is removed
> >    from all collections anyway, so it's ready for garbage collection.
> >    Removing data from it doesn't help anybody.
> >    -
> > *Unnecessary tests. *ServiceInfoSelfTest and
> >    ServicesDeploymentProcessIdSelfTest look excessive to me.
> >    I don't see any point in testing an interface implementation, that only
> >    saves some objects and returns them from certain methods.
> >    - Interface for events with servicesDeploymentActions() method.
> >    Take a look at the discussion:
> >    https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/4434/files/30e69d9a53ce6ea16c4e9d15354e94360caa719d#r239442342
> >
> > Also solution with *DiscoveryCustomEvent#nullifyingCustomMsgLock* looks
> > clumsy to me.
> > The problem with nullifying of *DiscoveryCustomEvent#customMsg* field can
> > be solved
> > by making *ServiceDiscoveryListener* a high priority listener.
> >
> > Or *DiscoveryCustomEvent#customMessage()* method could be marked
> > synchronized and
> > *GridEventStorageManager#notifyListeners(..)* method could synchronize on
> > the event object.
> > But this solution is the same, it's just a matter of taste.
> >
> > If anybody wants to look the the code of the PR, please consider these
> > points as well.
> >
> > Denis
> >
> > ср, 19 дек. 2018 г. в 17:37, Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov@apache.org>:
> >
> > > Denis,
> > >
> > > I don't think that differences with your and my naming is huge :)
> > > And, it's definetely a matter of taste.
> > >
> > > If there is no any other issues with PR let's rename and move on! :)

> > > mark

> > > with

> > > nizhikov@apache.org>

> > > grid.*