ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Time to remove automated messages from the devlist?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:08:18 GMT
Igniters,

I would say that "set the filter" is not a solution. First, it is not
always possible technically. E.g. I use GMail and my dev-list emails are
already use a rule. I cannot extract generated emails from overall flow
with GMail capabilities. But the more important things - is why in the
first place someone needs to went through that generated nightmare?

Git messages is a spam. Looks like everyone agrees with that. As far as
JIRA ticket creation - this is all about importance. When someone writes an
email to the devlist, this is likely to be important topic requiring
attention. When someone creates a ticket, most likely this either a bug, or
a piece of already discussed issue, or so. In other words - average devlist
user is likely to be interested in manual messages and is very unlikely to
be interested in "Ticket created" messages. Not important information
overshadows important. Let's continue disucssion this.

As far as Git - what should be done to remove Git messages from the list?

Vladimir.