ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Camargo <jongio...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring Update and delete queries
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:25:18 GMT
Hi community,

First let me introduce myself, My name is Jonathan Camargo, I'm a Java
developer at a software outsourcing company, I'm currently working for a
legacy project.

I'm currently learning new technologies and concepts such as IMDG, I have
been reading concepts and code about that mainly because I have find this
concept fascinating.

On the test project I'm working on I am using Spring Boot 2, Ignite Spring
Data 2.0 and a H2 DB (It could be any other but seems easier this way) and
aside from the already documented issues I have find that the
IgniteRepository does not support the Update and Delete queries, on the
code even is throwing a controlled exception:

if (parts.isDelete())
            throw new UnsupportedOperationException("DELETE clause is not
supported now.");
        else {
            sql.append("SELECT ");

            if (parts.isDistinct())
                throw new UnsupportedOperationException("DISTINCT clause in
not supported.");

And I would like to point that the lib is validating if if is going to
generate the query or if it is going to use the @Query SQL that is being
sent, and that SQL is executed through the SqlFieldsQuery of the core lib.

So my suggestion would be to add the Update and Delete query to the
validation so those functions will run over the core.

I would not like to Inject the Ignite object, get or create the cache and
run those statements over there since that way the Ignite Repository would
not be needed and I would prefer just to remove the Ignite Spring lib and
work directly with the client and the server on other applications.

If is there any issue I could help with I would be there.

And I would like to know if is there any filter on Jira over the issues
that I could look.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Giovanny Camargo Sanabria