ignite-dev mailing list archives

From ipavlukhin <vololo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion to improve deadlock detection
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:47:24 GMT
Hi Igniters,

I would like to resume the discussion about a deadlock detector. I start
with a motivation for a further work on a subject. As I see current
implementation (entry point IgniteTxManager.detectDeadlock) starts a
detection only after a transaction was timed out. In my mind it is not
very good from a product usability standpoint. As you know, in a
situation of deadlock some keys become non-usable for an infinite amount
of time. Currently the only way to work around it is configuring a
timeout, but it could be rather tricky in practice to choose a
proper/universal value for it. So, I see the main point as:

Ability to break deadlocks without a need to configure timeouts explicitly.

I will return soon with some thoughts about implementation. Meanwhile,
does anybody have in mind any other usability points which I am missing?
Or is there any alternative approaches?