ignite-dev mailing list archives

From oignatenko <oignate...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Is it time to move forward to JUnit4 (5)?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:58:12 GMT
Hi Ivan,

I am currently testing approach you used in pull/5354 in the "pilot"
sub-task with examples tests (IGNITE-10174).

So far it looks more and more like the way to go. The most promising thing I
observed is that after I changed classes in our test framework the way you
did, execution of (unchanged) examples tests went exactly the same as it was
before changes.

This indicates that existing tests won't be affected making it indeed low
risk.

After that I converted examples tests to Junit 4 by adding @RunWith and
@Test annotations and tried a few, and these looked okay.

Currently I am running full examples test suite and after it is over I will
compare results to the reference list I made by running it prior to
migration.

regards, Oleg