ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abbreviation code-style requirement.
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2018 08:33:46 GMT
+1 for proposal 3.

1. I'm not sure we need to revisit all abbreviations as a lot of people get
used to it.
2. I'm not sure multiword is always need to be fully named, sometimes it
may be ok to abbreviate.
3. But I agree with abbreviations should not be mandatory.

Abbreviated and short names like i,j,cp and etc. are good for simple
methods and code blocks; for a fast demonstration of some idea, but for
complex enterprise level software it can hide meaning instead of clearly
showing it.

As a next step, I would like to propose to contribute an option to disable
abbreviation requirements for some cases in ignite-abbrev-plugin.