ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pre-touch for Ignite off-heap memory
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 04:12:26 GMT
Alex,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if an OS runs out of physical memory (X
GB in total) an Ignite node process still can request the X GB from virtual
memory. Yes, virtual memory can involve swapping and disk to satisfy your
request but this shouldn't be a reason of the OOM. Shouldn't OOM happen if
you're trying to allocate beyond the virtual memory capacity (beyond X GB)?

Denis