ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Muzafarov <maxmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira issue filling rules
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 09:15:53 GMT
Dmitry,

I fully support you!

It's never too much remind these simple rules. It's not obvious at first
glance but placing comment
'why' and 'how' particular JIRA issue was done will help much for the
further code investigations.

I'm not sure that pinning `link` to the TC result is a good practice. It
becomes obsolete too quickly.
Having the TC.Bot visa with ~no blockers found~ and the brief description
of implementation details should be enough.

Thoughts?

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 18:53 Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com> wrote:

> ++1 from my side, as always.
>
> I want to add GitHub as a possible place of discussion, but any place we've
> selected to run review should be mentioned in JIRA ticket. E.g., I left a
> couple of comments in PR; please take a look.
>
> вс, 7 окт. 2018 г. в 18:01, Dmitriy Govorukhin <
> dmitriy.govorukhin@gmail.com
> >:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Recently time ago, I noticed that many Jira issues created and filled in
> > different ways,
> > so someone does not fill issue description, someone does not attach links
> > in the links section instead, add links to comments and etc.
> > I want to star discussion regards to Jira issue filling rules.
> >
> > I suggest,
> >
> > The name should include a short description problem
> > The description should contain:
> > (if bug) *Steps to reproduce* (java reproducer) or TC link to failed
> tests.
> > (if feature) *Idea and solution*
> > PR should start with IGNITE-**** (JIRA bot automatically link your PR
> with
> > JIRA Issue)
> > TC link should be in the* links section, *link name example: TC Run all |
> >  TC Run pds | TC {suit name}
> > Upsource link should be in the* links section* (optional, if some
> reviewer
> > needs),
> > link name example: IGNT-CR-*** or CR-***
> > All discussions related code should be in JIRA issue comments or Upsource
> > review
> > When you answer someone use @username for Upsource or ~username for JIRA
> >
> > Comments are welcome!

Maxim Muzafarov