ignite-dev mailing list archives

From David Harvey <syssoft...@gmail.com>
Subject Minor version changes and server/client compatibility
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 15:18:20 GMT
We have needed to do a couple of  simple bug fixes to ignite proper, where
there is no change to interfaces or internode communications.   When we do
this, we end up with these choices:

   - Coordinate client and server code bases so that they are in lock
   step.   Tedious with multiple clusters and test/dev versions.
   - Force the prior version number on the new builds, making it more
   tedious to understand what versions we are running.

A standard practice would to ignore the last field in the version when
doing a compatibility test, e.g., 2.5.0 and 2.5.foobar would be considered
compatible.    Is there some reason ignite requires and exact match?
 How do other Ignite users handle this problem?

Thanks,

-DH