ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Melnichuk <dmitry.melnic...@nobitlost.com>
Subject Re: Python thin client installation instructions
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 01:43:53 GMT
Prachi,

This line in your message

 > Requirement already satisfied: pyignite in
 > ./Downloads/ignite-python/modules/platforms/python (0.3.1)

looks like you already did an installation of pyignite in this
environment before (maybe with "pip install -e <location of setup.py>")
from 'Downloads' folder, then delete or move downloaded copy, and than
tried to install pyignite again, this time from PyPI ("pip install
<package name>").

pip does not work this way. You should either undo the previous install
("pip uninstall <package name>"), use "--update" argument ("pip install
--update <package_name>"), or even better − use virtualenv to create a
disposable Python environment for every experiment. I provided a link to
virtualenv manual in the README file and in docs, in the 'Basics →
Testing' section.

 > Also, the installation instruction you have provided are for unix users.
 > What are the installation instructions for Windows users?

I tried to be OS-agnostic in the docs. Please tell me, what part of my
instructions does not work on Windows.