ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Nikolay Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Ignite 2.7 - Release Procedure issues
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:39:16 GMT
Hello, Igniters.

I've started to write Wiki article for a future Release Managers.
Since release process doesn't described anywhere public I do it while releasing 2.7:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+manager+Notes

Any feedback is strongly appreciated.

I've tried to walk through vote steps in release procedure and found some issues:

Some of them we already fixed with Petr Ivanod and Anton Vinogradov.
Thank you, guys!

For now, I stuck on the following issue:

`vote_3_step_1\[packages\]build.sh` is broken.
I got following output:

```
RPM build errors:
    bogus date in %changelog: Fri Jun 17 2018 Peter Ivanov <mr.weider@gmail.com> - 2.6.0-1
    File not found: /tmp/tmp.EezfJVTwLm/BUILDROOT/apache-ignite-2.6.0-1.x86_64/usr/share/doc/apache-ignite-2.6.0/MIGRATION_GUIDE.txt
+ processTrap
+ echo 'Removing temporary work directories:  /tmp/tmp.EezfJVTwLm'
Removing temporary work directories:  /tmp/tmp.EezfJVTwLm
+ rm -rf /tmp/tmp.EezfJVTwLm
```

1. Script uses version number 2.6 somehow.
2. It fails because MIGRATION_GUIDE file doesn't exists.

Is there anybody who can help with this issue?