ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Kondakov <kondako...@mail.ru.INVALID>
Subject Re: Metrics for MVCC caches
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 10:32:00 GMT
Hi Ivan!

In my opinion we need to preserve the essence of the metrics: if we
didn't consider dirty writes as updates before MVCC implementation, we
also shouldn't count these writes in MVCC metrics implementation too.
So, I think we need to count only committed entries. But we can count
this dirty writes as additional metrics.

Also additional metrics concerning MVCC could be:

- Average count of the active transactions per snapshot

- Average quantity of versions per key

--

Roman Kondakov