ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce Scan Query execution time?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:21:49 GMT
I am not sure what is the purpose of measuring receive time of the first
byte. Please try to measure time of getting the first page, or the whole
result set you are interested in.

The main purpose of page size is to better utilize network and decrease
number of request responses. If you are interested in getting the very
first result ASAP, then it is better to keep page size small. But if the
goal is to get all results ASAP, then greater page size will help. After
some threshold greater page size will not provide benefits and may even
make performance worse. So it is better to experiment with different pages
size to find optimal value.