ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Muzafarov <maxmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code inspection
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:30:53 GMT
Dmitry and other Igniters,

Previously you has suggested to commit `Code Inspections` into Ignite
codebase.
It makes sense for me. I think it's the easiest way to share this profile
among community
members and this inspection can be set as for the project level.
So, I suggest:

1) According to Jetbrains documentation [1] the inspection profile can be
placed to
`<project>/.idea/inspectionProfiles` with name `Project_Default.xml`
(hope most of us using IDEA for development)
This allows enable this profile automatically on per project level and will
simplify
development process according to rules accepted by our community.

2) I can file tickets and do some of them to fix inspection failures which
Alexey mentioned
earlier. Hope other members of community will help me with it.

3) I think `Inspections (Core)` TeamCity can be triggered as nightly build
as it takes more
than 4 hours. Suppose, inspection build in each PR is not the best way in
our case. New run
here [2].

4) We can tune our MTCGA.Bot to notify members with new inspection failures
added by them.

Also, I've taken Alexey's inspection file as an example, I’ve checked what
we already discussed
previously (e.g. `Anonymous class can be converted to lambda` should be
disabled by default)
and added these additional rules to it:
 - General | Line is longer than allowed by code style
 - Java | Code maturity | Call to 'printStackTrace()'
 - Java | Code style issues | Unnecessary 'null' check before 'equals()'
call

If we decide to proceed I will attach this file to JIRA.

[1] https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/code-inspection.html
[2]
https://ci.ignite.apache.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=IgniteTests24Java8_InspectionsCore&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv&branch_IgniteTests24Java8=pull%2F3710%2Fhead

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 16:19 Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dmitriy Govoruknin,
>
> It seems there is a lack of volunteers to apply code inspections to our CI
> & patch submission process. Probably we could come back to your
> initial idea about setting up inspection locally.
>
> Could you commit or share your IDEA inspection settings? I could apply it
> at least on my machine and remove odd warning types one by one. What do you
> think?
>
> Sincerely,
> Dmitriy Pavlov
>
> сб, 4 авг. 2018 г. в 1:22, Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com>:
>
> > Ideally, I should not asking for people to solve something for me.
> >
> > I just want this idea did not disappear from our radar.
> >
> > пт, 3 авг. 2018 г. в 23:47, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>:

> >> do
> >>

> >> Dmitriy, I am not sure why you feel this is not the Apache way. No one
> can
> >> do everything themselves.  You should absolutely keep recruiting more
> >> volunteers from the community.
> >>
> >> D.

Maxim Muzafarov