ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Muzafarov <maxmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unknown known issue on cache rebalancing delayed
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2018 15:48:47 GMT
Hello Roman,

Did you faced with real issue of delayed rebalance or it's just only for
your personal interest?
If yes, please, share details and we will try to help you.

As for this comment I don't think he is actual. That change was in 2015.
Much has changed
within rebalance process since that time. I've uncommented it and rechecked
with that
cache configuration and haven't seen any failed tests or issues.

Probably, that problem was about cache in SYNC mode does not start util it
loads all data
from other nodes. But currently delayed rebalance works the same way as
IgniteCache#rebalance(),
so you can `setRebalanceDelay` to `-1` and call it manually to check.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 11:19 Roman Shtykh <rshtykh@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Igniters,
> I have found "Known issue, possible deadlock in case of low priority cache
> rebalancing delayed" comment in
> GridCacheRebalancingSyncSelfTest#getConfiguration.Can you please explain
> when using rebalance delay can be an issue and why?
>
> -- Roman

Maxim Muzafarov