ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Sapego <isap...@gridgain.com>
Subject Thin client protocol version release notes.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 10:54:46 GMT
Igniters,

Currently, our thin client specification is kept on readme.io [1].
However, sometimes to introduce new features while keeping
backward compatibility, we need to increase protocol version.

The issue is: there is currently no easy way for thin client
developers to find out when thin protocol version has been
updated and what kind of new features have been introduced.

We may want to make a rule, that a commiter, that merge a
commit to the master, that introduces new thin client version,
should send an update email to devlist.

We may also want to have some kind of "Changes list" page on
readme.io which will track protocol changes from version to
version.

What are your thoughts on the topic?

[1] - https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-client-protocol

Best Regards,