ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Separate binaries for thin clients and drivers
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 19:29:47 GMT
Igniters,

Presently, all our thin clients and SQL drivers are stored in the main
Ignite repository. That's totally fine, I wouldn't change anything in here.

But, what I would encourage us to contemplate on is how a user gets and
downloads those binaries. Basically, the user has to download the whole
Ignite distribution even if he needs just a JDBC driver or Node.JS thin
driver.

The proposal is pretty simple. In addition to the main distribution, let's
prepare separate ZIP archives with binaries for:

   - JDBC
   - ODBC
   - Thin clients (Java, C#, Node.JS, Python, etc.)

The binaries would be available for downloads on the main page:
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi

Thoughts? Supporters and opposers, please speak out.

--
Denis