ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Breaking change to spatial indexes to migrate to latest H2 version
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 07:54:54 GMT
Igniters,

New H2 version 1.4.197 [1] was released recently. It contain a lot of
changes (>1000 commits) and some of them are very useful for us. Of most
importance is IN clause optimization which is currently one of our SQL pain
points.

Unfortunately, new version use updated dependency for spatial indexes.
Earlier it was "org.vividsolutions", now it is "org.locationtech". This is
the same product, only package name was changed.

It means that if we upgrade to newer H2 version all our users of spatial
indexes feature will have compilation and/or linkage errors. This is a
breaking change.

I propose to implement it still in AI 2.7. We still depend on H2 heavily
and cannot stop updates.

Any objections?

Vladimir.

[1] https://github.com/h2database/h2database/releases/tag/version-1.4.197