ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Vinogradov ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IgniteSet implementation: changes required
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2018 12:10:01 GMT
Denis,

I think that better case is to remove onheap optimisation/duplication.
This brings no drop to frequently used operations (put/remove), but even
will make it slightly faster.

The only one question we have here is "is it possible to restore onheap map
in easy way?".
Seems that answer is no, so, I vote for setDataMap removal.

вт, 26 июн. 2018 г. в 15:00, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:

> Anton,
>
> Will it be possible to reuse such a functionality for the rest of data
> structures? I would invest our time in this if all data structures would be
> able to work with Ignite persistence this way.
>
> --

> > up
> > Because it's not a trivial task to finish such loading on unstable
> > topology.
> > That's possible, ofcourse, but solution and complexity will be almost
> > equals to WAL enable/disable.
> >
> > пн, 25 июн. 2018 г. в 22:13, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > Why don't we read data straight from the persistence layer warming RAM
> up
> > > in the background? (like we do for SQL and other APIs). If it's a
> > question
> > > of time, then I would suggest us not to hurry up and do it in a right
> > way.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Denis

> > > restore