ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Вячеслав Коптилин <slava.kopti...@gmail.com>
Subject BinaryTypeConfiguration behavior in case of using wildcards.
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 16:43:39 GMT
Hi Igniters,

I would like to discuss the behavior of BinaryTypeConfiguration in case of
using a wildcard for type names.
Let's consider the following BinaryConfiguration:

        <property name="binaryConfiguration">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.BinaryConfiguration">
                <property name="typeConfigurations">
                    <list>
                        <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryTypeConfiguration">
                           * <property name="typeName"
value="org.apache.ignite.examples.*"/>*
                            <property name="nameMapper">
                                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryBasicNameMapper">
                                    <constructor-arg type="boolean"
value="false"/>
                                </bean>
                            </property>
                        </bean>
                    </list>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </property>

My intention is using custom BinaryBasicMapper for all classes in the
specified package and its sub packages,
but BinaryContext implementation matches only classes that are resides in
the "org.apache.ignite.examples" package.
Classes from subpackages are not matched, and therefore do not use the
specified BinaryBasicNameMapper. That is weird I think.

Is there a reason for that behavior? Do I need to create a ticket for that
issue and fix it? What do you think?

Best regards,
Slava.