ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Atomic caches
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2018 23:33:03 GMT
Guys,

I also not sure I understand the purpose of methods like [1] that accept
instance of AtomicConfiguration to create new atomic structure. Per my
knowledge, all atomics are stored in a single cache which is configured by
AtomicConfiguration provided on startup as part of IgniteConfiguration. If
that's the case, providing another configuration for a particular atomic
doesn't make sense because it will never be used.

Any thoughts on this? Unless I'm missing something, I think we can
deprecate these methods.

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/Ignite.html#atomicLong-java.lang.String-org.apache.ignite.configuration.AtomicConfiguration-long-boolean-

-Val