ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject IGNITE-8111: Add extra validation for WAL segment size
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 16:16:59 GMT
Igniters,

We've bumped into situation when using extremely small (<10 pages) WAL
segment size caused unobvious errors and assertions:
Let's reach a consensus on which value of WAL segment size should be
considered as minimum. I tried tests with 128kb WAL segment and they
didn't fail.
Keeping a little reserve, I propose 512kb as minimum allowable WAL
segment size. I don't know why anyone may need a lesser value.

Please share your thoughts and let know if you have objections on 512kb.

--
Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov