ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reconsider default WAL mode: we need something between LOG_ONLY and FSYNC
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2018 16:45:16 GMT
Dmitriy,

fsync() is really slow operation - it's the main reason why FSYNC mode
is way slower than LOG_ONLY.
Fix includes extra fsyncs in necessary parts of code and nothing more.
Every part is important - at the beginning of the thread I described why.

20% slow in benchmark doesn't mean than Ignite itself will become 20%
slower. Benchmark replays only "data loading" scenario. It signals that
maximum throughput with WAL enabled will be 20% slower. By the way, we
already have option to disable WAL in runtime for the period of data

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov