ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject What's about releasing Ignite 2.5 a bit earlier?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:39:53 GMT
Igniters,

According to our regular schedule, every new Ignite version usually goes
public once in 3 months. As you remember, the latest 2.4 release, which
took us 5 months to improve and roll out, was based on the version of the
source code dated by January.

Since that time the master branch went far ahead and already incorporates
many valuable fixes and capabilities such as:

   - Fixes provided as a part of "Gree Team City" activity.
   - Persistence: page replacement algorithm and throttling optimizations,
   out of memory in checkpointing buffer corrections, etc. Alex G and Ivan can
   shed more light here.
   - Data loading optimizations for SQL: streaming for JDBC thin driver and
   copy command
   - Genetic Algorithms Grid Contribution!
   - Java Thin Client developed by Alexey Kukushkin

   - the list goes on and on... Please share the contributions you are
   ready to release.

So, why don't we go ahead and release the current master and possibly extra
tickets that are in the review state earlier? What's about April 30 as the
next release date?

--
Densi