ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data eviction/expiration from Ignite persistence
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2018 19:31:16 GMT

> Agree with AG. There is a difference between expiration and eviction. If an
> entry is expired, then it should be removed from the store, regardless if
> it is in memory or on disk.

Well, then it works this way now depending on a memory configuration:

   - memory only mode: expired entry removed from memory storage
   - memory + Ignite persistence: expired entry removed from both memory
   and disk tiers
   - memory + 3rd party: expired entry is removed from the memory storage
   only.

Let me know if I'm wrong somewhere. Otherwise, I'll improve the docs to
bring more clarity.

However, evicting from memory because there is not enough space does not
> remove an entry from the store.

That was another topic of the discussion. How can we support the *eviction*
from disk (by using a particular configuration parameter)?

--
Denis