ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Thin clients for Node.js, Python, PHP
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 15:12:23 GMT
I would extract compute tasks into separate scope. It is better to keep
focus on protocol things and basic language support for now. Once we have
basic client API in production-ready state, we could consider adding
JavaScript to our core compute feature set and then extend it to the
clients (which should be trivial provided that core part is ready). We should
be ready to spend considerable efforts to prior R&D because dynamic code
execution is not very simple thing, especially in terms of security, native
compilation, etc..