ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ivanov <mr.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's about releasing Ignite 2.5 a bit earlier?
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:47:23 GMT
My concern is only in fact, that Ignite is currently not tested under
Java9/10 as thorough as it is under Java8.

As I mentioned before - I agree with no blocker on this matter and have no
other problems to report for now. I guess I’ll start a new thread about the
scheme of supporting future Java versions.

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 at 07:29, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:

> Petr,
>
> I think your statement in regards the non-readiness for the production
> usage is too strong :) The issue you listed treated as usability ones by
> me. Agree that it's inconvenient to inject ‘--add-modules’ here and there
> but it doesn't lead to failures at runtime.
>
> If I'm still missing something and there are the bugs that might affect the
> stability of the clusters at runtime, then please share them with us.
> You're more aware than anyone else.
>
> --
> Denis
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Petr Ivanov <mr.weider@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Agree with no blocker.
> >
> > Then as developers we just have to send a clear message that "we making
> it
> > towards Java9/10 honest support, but do not use it yet on prod
> > environments” :)
> >

> > > On 23 Mar 2018, at 22:41, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Petr,
> > >
> > > I guess we would need much more time to handle all Java 9/10 tasks.
> Since
> > > none of them looks like a blocker to me, I would suggest us not to rush
> > and
> > > target the tasks for 2.4 release.
> > >
> > > Overall, I see that we're in an agreement in regards the earlier date
> of
> > > 2.5 release. I'll let the rest of the community to speak out until the
> > > beginning of the next week.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Denis

> it: