ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IgniteSet implementation: changes required
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2018 00:54:33 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 7:39 AM, Andrey Kuznetsov <stkuzma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dmitry, your way allows to reuse existing {{Ignite.set()}} API to create
> both set flavors. We can adopt it unless somebody in the community objects.
> Personally, I like {{IgniteCache.asSet()}} approach proposed by Vladimir O.
> more, since it emphasizes the difference between sets being created, but
> this will require API extension.

Andrey, I am suggesting that Ignite.set(...) in non-collocated mode behaves
exactly the same as the proposed IgniteCache.asSet() method. I do not like
the IgniteCache.asSet() API because it is inconsistent with Ignite data
structure design. All data structures are provided on Ignite API directly
and we should not change that.

D.