ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Ivanov <mr.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite RPM packaging (Stage II)
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 10:03:28 GMT

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 12:46, Dmitry Pavlov <dpavlov.spb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Did not understand fully that splitted delivery means.
> Is it correct,that user will have install
> install ignite:core
> install ignite:opt_libs
> with separated commands?

It will be one command with several arguments, i.e.
    yum install ignite-core ignite-optional

Also, I considered splitting optional libs per package (like php / perl / etc. do, for example)
but not sure whether these efforts are appropriate at this moment.
I guess this scheme must have huge support from the community.

> Or there will be some aggregating package like ignite:full and several
> options like ignite:core.

Nice idea! If community will agree, I can add aggregating virtual package with dependencies
on all other for corresponding release. It can even keep current name ‘apache-ignite’
:)