ignite-dev mailing list archives

From John Wilson <sami.hailu...@gmail.com>
Subject Page Locking vs Entry-level Locking
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 06:56:34 GMT
Hi,

Ignite documentation talks about entry-level locks and the page structure
has a LOCK_OFFSET that I assume is used to store tag info. I have these
questions.

   1. Does Ignite use a lock-free implementation to lock pages and/or
   entries?
   2. When is a page locked and when is it released?
   3. When an entry is inserted/modified in a page, is the page locked
   (forbidding other threads from inserting entries in the page)? or only the
   entry's offset is locked? (allowing other threads to insert/modify other
   items)

Thanks!