ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Orphaned, duplicate, and main-class tests!
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:07:35 GMT
Anton,

1) We already have ~100 files named "*AbstractTest.java". Renaming these
several files will help checking for orphaned tests in the future, as well
as increasing code base consistency.

2) This is huge work that is not doable by any single developer. While
IgniteLostAndFoundTestSuite can be slowly refactored away
This is unless you are OK with putting all these tests, most of which are
red and some are hanging, in production test suites and therefore breaking
productivity for a couple months while this gets sorted.
Are you OK with that? Anybody else?

3) I think I *could* put them in some test suite or another, but I'm pretty
sure I can't fix them all, not in one commit, not ever. Nobody can do that
single-handedly. We need a plan here.

Ilya.

--
Ilya Kasnacheev