ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Rakov <ivan.glu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WAL Archive Issue
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:29:53 GMT
Yakov,

I see the only one problem with your suggestion - number of
"uncheckpointed" segments is potentially unlimited.
Right now we have limited number (10) of file segments with immutable
names in WAL "work" directory. We have to keep this approach due to
known bug in XFS - fsync time is nearly twice bigger for recently
created files.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov