ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Nikolay Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SparkDataFrame] Query Optimization. Prototype
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 15:44:50 GMT
Hello, Vladimir.

I've created ticket

В Пн, 12/02/2018 в 11:20 +0300, Vladimir Ozerov пишет:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> I am not sure if ticket for DECIMAL column metadata exists. If you haven't find one under
"sql" component, please feel free to create it on your own. As far as testing of joins, I
think it makes sense to start working on it when we finish ANSI compliance testing which is
already in progress.

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:27 PM, Nikolay Izhikov <nizhikov.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, Vladimir.
> >
> > Thank you for an answer.
> >
> > > Do you mean whether it is possible to read it from table metadata?
> >
> > Yes, you are right.
> > I want to read scale and precision of DECIMAL column from table metadata.
> >
> > > This will be fixed at some point in future, but I do not have any dates at
the moment.

> > Is there ticket for it? I can't find it via jira search
> >
> > > at this moment we do not have complete list of all restrictions on our joins,
because a lot of work is delegated to H2.
> > > In some unsupported scenarios we throw an exception.
> > > In other cases we return incorrect results silently (e.g. if you do not co-locate
data and forgot to set "distributed joins" flag).

> > Guys, Val, may be we should exclude join optimization from IGNITE-7077 while we
haven't all limitation on the hand?

> > > We have a plan to perform excessive testing of joins (both co-located and distributed)
and list all known limitations.

> > Can I help somehow with this activity?
> >

> > В Ср, 24/01/2018 в 12:08 +0300, Vladimir Ozerov пишет:
> > > Hi Nikolay,
> > >
> > > Could you please clarify your question about scale and precision? Do you mean
whether it is possible to read it from table metadata? If yes, it is not possible at the moment
unfortunately - we do not store information about lengths, scales and precision, only actual
data types are passed to H2 (e.g. String, BigDecimal, etc.). This will be fixed at some point
in future, but I do not have any dates at the moment.

> > > Now about joins - Denis, I think you provided wrong link to our internal GridGain
docs where we accumulate information about ANSI compatibility and which will are going to
publish on Ignite WIKI when it is ready. In any case, this is not what Nikolay aksed about.
The question was about limitation of our joins which has nothing to do with ANSI standard.
Unfortunately, at this moment we do not have complete list of all restrictions on our joins,
because a lot of work is delegated to H2. In some unsupported scenarios we throw an exception.
In other cases we return incorrect results silently (e.g. if you do not co-locate data and
forgot to set "distributed joins" flag). We have a plan to perform excessive testing of joins
(both co-located and distributed) and list all known limitations. This would require writing
a lot of unit tests to cover various scenarios. I think we will have this information in a
matter of 1-2 months.

> > > Vladimir.

will cover Ignite ANSI-99 compliance. We have first results available for CORE features of
the specification:
<https://ggsystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GG/pages/45093646/ANSI+SQL+99>

CURRVAL,
USER,