ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Mekhanikov <dmekhani...@gmail.com>
Subject Irrelevant data in discovery messages
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:30:41 GMT
Igniters,

Turns out, that we are sending a lot of irrelevant information in discovery
messages. Some messages contain *TcpDiscoveryNode* objects, which in turn
have such attributes like *PATH, java.class.path, sun.boot.class.path,
java.library.path, org.apache.ignite.jvm.args, *etc.
Some of these attributes may contain huge strings, that can sum up to
megabytes of data.

It was noticed by a user on our mailing list:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Connection-problem-between-client-and-server-td19243.html
In his case these huge messages make discovery process really slow.

I think, we should filter-out such attributes, because they are not used
anywhere, but make messages grow enormous and slow down discovery. We could
include only user-defined and internal attributes + a fixed set of
environment variables.

What do you think?

Denis