ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Puchnin <sergey.puch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite not friendly for Monitoring
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:48:07 GMT
Igniters,

It's a right idea!

Let's try to revitalize it and make a move on.

As a first step, I would like to propose a list of a top-level domain.

-- the phase 1
    1. UnExpected, UnKnown
    2. Cluster and Topology
        Discovery
        Segmentation
        Node Startup
        Communication
        Queue
        Activate, startup process
        Base line topology
        Marshaller
        Metadata
        Topology Validate
    3. Cache and Storage
        Partition map exchange
        Balancing
        Long-running transactions
        Checkpoint
        Create cache
        Destroy cache
        Data loading & streaming
    4. SQL
        Long-running queries
        Parsing
        Queries
        Scan Queries
        SqlLine
    5. Compute
        Deployment
        spi.checkpoint
        spi.collision
        Job Schedule

-- the phase 2
    6. Service
    7. Security
    8. ML
    9. External Adapters
    10. WebConsole
    11. Vendor Specific
        GG

For every second-level domain is planning to reserve one hundred error
codes. Sum of second-level domains (rounded up to next thousand) gives us
count for top-level.

Every error code has a severity level:

Critical (Red) - the system is not operational;
Warning (Yellow) - the system is operational but health is degraded;
Info - just an info.

And two or three letter prefix. It allows to find an issue more easily
without complex grep rules (something like grep
"10[2][5-9][0-5][0-9]|10[3][0-5][0-6][0-9]" * to find codes between 102500
до 103569)

Domains from the first phase look fine but from the second are vague.
Initially, we can focus only the first phase.

Please share your thoughts on proposed design.

Serge.