ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Revin Chalil <rcha...@expedia.com>
Subject Re: Spark data frames integration merged
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 08:27:44 GMT
Thanks Denis. I watched your recent 2 webinars and they were very helpful.

I can definitely create a page explaining how (currently three) ignite shared-rdd caches are
shared across multiple spark streaming apps for data enrichment here at expedia, once the
solution is stabilized. We are not in production yet. I have enabled native persistence and
had some hiccups during our testing but is looking better today.

We are currently working to optimize the join between incremental data and shared-rdd dataframe
in spark as there are several spark Apps and the total memory is limited. This part does not
have much to do with Ignite but mostly spark optimization, I believe. We do load the entire
ignite-cache (~50GB each) into spark executors and the cache is trimmed based on the business
rules, daily.

We will keep in touch and thanks again for all the great work and help everyone.

Revin

From: Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM
To: Revin Chalil <rchalil@expedia.com>
Cc: "dev@ignite.apache.org" <dev@ignite.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Spark data frames integration merged

Revin,

As as side note, do you have a public article published or any other relevant material that
explains how Ignite is used at Expedia?

You would help the community out a lot if such information is referenced from this page:
https://ignite.apache.org/provenusecases.html

—
Denis

On Jan 3, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Revin Chalil <rchalil@expedia.com<mailto:rchalil@expedia.com>>