ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Thin Client Protocol documentation
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:06:21 GMT
Pavel,

Thanks! While we're at it, are there any plans to add cluster-related operations? For example,
I think it'd be nice to allow the thin clients to obtain a current topology snapshot. This
would make it possible the clients to send requests directly to the affinity host for colocated
computation. To make it even more useful, all server responses could optionally include the
topology version the operation has been executed against. This would effectively give us a
kind out-of-band topology change notification mechanism. This way the clients can detect a
topology change and refresh the topology snapshot next time they need to compute affinity.

Regards
Andrey
________________________________
From: Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:23 AM
To: dev@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Thin Client Protocol documentation

Hi Andrey,

Compute and other APIs are certainly planned, cache is just a start.
We intentionally limit the scope to actually release something in 2.4 and
not delay it further.

Adding operations to existing protocol is relatively easy.
Current focus is to make sure that the protocol itself is solid and
future-proof.

Thanks,
Pavel