ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Ivanov <mr.wei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time and scope for Apache Ignite 2.4
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 03:27:56 GMT
Hi, Denis.

Yes, we collaborated with Yuri and are currently waiting for Ignite Tests run results (though
I’ll be able to start full comparison run only on weekend because of extremely high TC load)
to be sure that 1) I did not break overall build and 2) building and testing on Java 8 produces
similar (more or less, considering fact that some tests are flaky) result so we can switch
to new TC test project "Ignite Tests 2.0 (java-8)”.

Hope the changes will see themselves in master on the beginning of the following week.

> On 20 Dec 2017, at 23:22, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Sorry for confusion, yes, I meant using Java 8 by default in Ignite. Labeled the Java
8 ticket with “important” and now it appears in the required tickets list:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4#ApacheIgnite2.4-RequiredTickets
>
> As I see Yuri reviewed the ticket from ML perspective:
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/3240 <https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/3240>
>
> Do you guys collaborate together making sure the ML build process simplified? Do we need
to create a sub-task of [1] to make sure it’s not missed?

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7203 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7203>
>
> —
> Denis
>
>> On Dec 20, 2017, at 12:29 AM, Petr Ivanov <mr.weider@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Denis!
>>

>> What about switching to Java 8 by default? [1]
>> I guess this task is inseparably connected to Java 7 support drop and Java 9 support
introducing.

>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7203
>>

>>> On 19 Dec 2017, at 23:07, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Igniters,
>>>
>>> It’s time to sync up on the progress of IMPORTANT tasks for 2.4:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4#ApacheIgnite2.4-RequiredTickets
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+2.4#ApacheIgnite2.4-RequiredTickets>

>>> How good are we if to assume 5th of Jan as a code freeze date? Please comment:
>>> - Nikolay Izhikov: Data Frames.
>>> - Sergey Kalashnikov, Vladimir Ozerov: DDL and SQL features from the list.
>>> - Andrey Kuznetsov, Alexandr Fedotov: memory metrics tasks.
>>> - Yuri: Machine Learning + neural networks
>>> - Vladimir Ozerov: Java 9 and Java 7
>>> - Sergey Kozlov: SQL scope testing
>>> - etc.: please check the link with the features.
>>>
>>> —
>>> Denis

branch I think it’s a right time to negotiate the scope and time of the next Apache Ignite
2.4 release. I’m ready to step in as a release manager if none of the committers wants to
try on this role.

Jan 24 - voting -> Jan 31 release.

metrics in bytes [1], binary client protocol, etc. needs to get into the release. All the
features like that are labeled “important” in JIRA. Use this label if you are convinced
a task has to be release in 2.4.

[3], metrics [4] related tasks? What goes in 2.4 and what’s shifted?

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-1:+Bulk+data+loading+performance+improvements>
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-7:+Ignite+internal+problems+detection>
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-6:+Metrics+improvements>