ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Separate code paths for Java 8 and Java 9
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:33:20 GMT
Hi Andrey,

If it is possible to resolve all mentioned issues with static code blocks,
then this is definitely preferrable approach. Let's fix simple issues first
and see what to do with complex ones. Notably:
1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6740 - this call is on a
hot path, so reflection is not an option;
2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6736 - the only possible
way to fix it is to resort to ReentrantLock instead of synchronized. But
this could cause bloat and performance degradation for non-contented cases,
when synchronized might be faster.