ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling slashes in cache names
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 19:32:59 GMT
On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukyanov@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> I’ve implemented an approach of encoding unsafe characters in the cache
> names for persistent storage directories. You can find it at
> https://github.com/gridgain/apache-ignite/tree/ignite-7264.
> How it works now is: 1) all characters outside of the [a-zA-Z0-9_-] class
> are replaced with their hex value (seems to be the easiest way);

I would surround such replacements with "_", e.g. "myCacheName_somesymbol_".

> 2) a hash of the cache name is added at the end of the name to avoid
> case-insensitive collisions.
> There is still a tiny chance of hitting two cache names that are equal
> ignoring case which also have the same hash, but that’s really unlikely.

Here I am confused. I think the cache names should be case insensitive at
all times. I seriously doubt enforcing this rule would cause problems. If
we enforce this rule at cache creation time, then we would not have to add
a hashcode at the end.

> It seems that there are no complications with this approach.
> The cache name to directory mapping is like
>   mycache -> cache-mycache-f19fd83d
>   my/cool/cache -> cache-my2fcool2fcache

As mentioned above, I would prefer "cache-my_2f_cool_2f_cache"