ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling slashes in cache names
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:15:42 GMT
On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 3:42 AM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>
wrote:

> Agree with Stan and Vladimir.
> We should not impose any restrictions on cache names, some users may have
> issues with that.
>
> Using cache names as file names is internal implementation detail.
> We can use cache id or some kind of encoding (base64, etc) to avoid file
> system issues.

Pavel, I disagree. I want to look at the file system and be able to clearly
tell which folder belongs to which cache. If you use encryption or some
other encoding, this would be impossible.

I doubt that introducing cache name validation for *persistent* caches
would affect any existing users. It sounds like for non-persistent caches
the validation is not needed, right?

D.